The American Legion Auxiliary believes education is vital to democracy and that investing time and money to educate our youth is literally an investment in America’s future. Our Education program fosters learning for children in our own communities, with our main focus on the children of our military and veterans.
Educating our communities about the sacrifices of our military men and women is another goal of the Auxiliary. Units and departments are encouraged to participate in our organization’s national education initiatives and those of The American Legion.
WAYS UNIT 181 CONTRIBUTES TO THE AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY EDUCATION PROGRAM
- Unit 181 participated in the Give 10 to Education Program by donating school supplies to our area schools
- We actively promote the American Legion Auxiliary Scholarship opportunities and other scholarships to the seniors of our community, over the past two years students from senior class of Lake Stevens High School have been recipients of the American Legion Auxiliary Department of Washington Scholarships
- In 2013 Unit 181 presented it first annual American Legion Auxiliary $500 Scholarship to a local student
- Unit 181 promotes tutor.com/military to our community
- We have worked with our Legion Post and School on the Veterans in the classroom program
- The Unit has worked with our local school to identify any possible needs and to give them another resource
- We have distributed books local Military Children at our events
- Worked with our local Family Center collecting items for there back to school distribution
- Pick up, sorted and distributed item for Operation Homefront’s Bck to School Brigade for Military Kids
IS EDUCATION YOUR NICHE??? AND YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER?? COME JOIN US!! NEW MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!!